1.30.2012

. { ode to coffee }



People say I'm a fiend. People say I'm battling addiction. People say I'm indecently dependent. 

They are 110% correct.

I love coffee. I love it so much, I'm going to devote this entire post to it. Here's my top five on why I'm so obsessed with God's little gift of liquid happiness. What's yours?

1. It's multiplicite. I can drink it cold, hot, sweet, bitter, flavorful, alcoholic (or non), or with whipped cream. 

2. It makes me a better person. Without it, I am a crabby, cranky, slow, stinkerpants. 

3. It's overly available. I can find it anywhere. This universal existence doesn't guarantee quality - but, hey. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do, man.

4. It's a motivator. Can't find the energy to finish that project? Can't find a good reason to clean the dishes or scrub the dusty heat registers in your house? Coffee is the answer. Or, you can take it to the next level with coffee's extremely small but powerful cousin  ... add an espresso shot. 

5. It's a communal creature. There is nothing that I love more than sitting down and chatting it up with a friend or loved one over a good cup of coffee. I've had lots of good conversations with the people who mean the most to me over a cup of joe - that I heart.

With that little ode to coffee, I wish you a happy Monday morning (with some caffeine, no less)!

xoxo
H

No comments: